workshops allow you to STRETCH your horizons...empower yourself
by learning something completely new, learning a new technique,
enhancing a skill you already have.
when: June 21-23, 2013
where: Lake County Fairgrounds, Grayslake, IL
- it is air conditioned!)
They are HERE! A few notes before you sign up:
NEW! Students of Mini Classes (less than 2 hours long) This year we are offering FREE admission to Mini Class students the day of your class, provided you sign up BEFORE June 1, 2013!
Admission: Sign up for any class or workshop BEFORE June 1, 2013 and get FREE admission the day of your workshop/class! Admission passes will be delivered to your account in June.
Class Times & Location (Room Number): are
listed with each class.
To Sign Up For Classes:
- Review the list: When you see a workshop/class you wish to take, click the "Add Class to Cart" link at the bottom of that workshop/class listing. You will be returned to the SAME page and listing. Keep shopping if you wish.
- Check Out: When you wish to check out - select the "View Cart" link in the upper right of each page. The "View Cart" link is added only AFTER you "Add Class to Cart". It is on a grey line just below the header image (as is Log On).
- Log on or Create New User Account: If you do not remember your password from last year, click on the "Forgot Password" link and you will be emailed a new password. We recommend you copy/paste that password (it will be long) and change your password once you are in your account. If you do not receive your email within an hour, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you. If you have not created an account with us before (it will tell you when you enter your email), click the "Create New User" link.
- Confirm: you must confirm your order before you can complete the check out. A confirmation email listing your classes will be sent to you from the Fair via email and at the end you will get a confirmation page as well. Those who pay through credit card will also get a receipt from PayPal. ATTEN Comcast email users: Comcast has been returning your Order Confirmation emails undelivered!! We have contacted them, you should too! Please add email@example.com to your list of approved email addresses - this may help.
- Payment: You may choose to pay by check or credit card. (No checks after May 31, 2013, please):
Credit Card: PayPal is our credit card merchant.
The first screen you see will have "Choose a Way to Pay". If you have a Paypal account, you can sign in and choose to either pay by credit card or through your Paypal account. If you don't have a Paypal account, or wish not to sign in, choose "I don't have a PayPal account" and you will be taken to a credit card checkout screen. BE SURE TO CLICK the "Return to Art Affairs/MFFAF" after your transaction is complete! This is the step that records your payment in OUR records. We will eventually fix it if you don't, but you will be confused if your payment doesn't show up in your account. Give us a couple weeks to update it.
Check: we will hold your registration for only 14 days. Please send check immediately to:
Midwest Fiber & Folk Art Fair
P.O. Box 754
Crystal Lake, IL 60039-0754
Again, it may take a couple of weeks for us to record your payment on your account page once we have received it. You will receive a reminder if we have not received your check before we remove any registrations.
- That's it! Be sure to check your class listing to get lists of items to bring to class and homework assignments. You can see your class by returning to the catalog pages. You can log in to your account anytime to review your classes/workshops and payment status (always give us at least 2 weeks to update your payment status. We get busy as the Fair gets closer).
Navigating the Class/Workshop Catalog Pages:
Classes are listed by subject - so you begin on the first subject page, Basket Weaving. All subjects appear at the top of each page, so you can easily link to subjects you are interested in. Some classes have 2 subjects and will appear under both.
Teachers: If there is a particular teacher you are interested in, you will want to start on the Teacher Biography page. Scroll down to your teacher and click on the list of classes at the bottom of their bio. A page of ONLY their classes will be displayed for you.
- Students cancelling
a class on or before May 14, 2013 will be assessed a 20% cancellation
- NO REFUNDS FOR STUDENT CANCELLATIONS AFTER MAY 14,
- Classes with low registration may be cancelled by the Fair
on or after May 21, 2013. If your class is cancelled by the Fair, you
will receive a full refund.
- Class registrations
are non-transferable to other individuals.
- Students enrolling for workshops or classes after
May 31 will NOT receive free admission to the Fair with their
Check-In: We have a special check-in in the lobby for students. Please do not arrive in the am earlier than 45 minutes before your class. Those of you with classes beginning later than 10am, please do not arrive to check in before 10am, so we have a chance to get all the morning students in first. Thank you!
Printable Schedule (pdf)
"I'm just so excited! I really loved Marianne's class last year - which is why I'm taking it again :-D" member Adrienne Rieck, 2013
quality of the teachers has been excellent" comment from survey
I took was wonderful" comment from survey
up for our e-mail list and be among the first to know when workshop registration is open. We'll
also keep you up to date with Fair plans. PLUS, your demographic
information is helpful to us as we gain sponsorship. You'd
be helping the Fair grow and we PROMISE that your information
will be kept private. Click here to