we are EXCITED to present our fleece competition, "Three Bags Full", for you. No matter who you are:
participant, shopper, or passerby, our aim is to benefit you!
the purpose of Three Bags Full is
- To provide feedback and a market for our fleece
- To provide top quality fleeces for our spinners
- To inform the public about different animals
and breeds, the fleeces they produce, and uses for different
types of wool
attention spinners: three days to buy!
The fleece sale will be for three days: beginning after the judging
on Friday, continuing all day Saturday, and will end at 2PM on
Sunday. Don't delay - they will go fast! Judging will be live and
we encourage all who want to learn more about fibers to come and
1st Place: $10 & blue ribbon
2nd Place: $5 & red ribbon
3rd Place: yellow ribbon
Grand Champion: $125 & purple rosette
Reserve Champion: $100 & pink rosette
and we are presenting three divisions:
Division I: Sheep - 4 Classes contact is Carol Cassidy-Fayer
Division II: Llama - 6 Classes contact
is Becky McMillan
Division III: Alpaca - 10 Classes contact
is Becky McMillan
- Download Rules and Information and print or save a copy
- Complete our online entry form & pay entry fees
- Download, print, and complete 2 tags for each fleece entered (one to turn in with fleece and one to remain with the fleece). There are two tags on each printable sheet.
Download Sheep Tags | Download Llama Tags | Download Alpaca Tags
some notes on completing the entry form:
- Complete the form with your farm name and web site (if you have one) and enter your fleece information. Your contact information will be collected at check out.
- If you wish to enter more than one fleece, click on "Press to add another fleece" and enter your next fleece. You must choose a division and class for each fleece entered, even if they are the same.
- When you are finished, click the "check out" button.
- Create an account - you can then go review your entries at any time by logging back on here (save this page as a bookmark). You may also reprint your entries from this screen.
- Confirmation - review entry. Hit the "minus" key to remove entries, click on "Edit" to change entries (then click "Check Out" and work your way back to this screen). Ignore the "Class Cancellation Policy" and review the Fleece Policy. If you agree, click on "Confirm Order" in center of screen.
- You will be taken to the paypal logon screen. You may pay by credit/debit card or send an echeck. You will receive an email confirmation of payment from PayPal.
a very special thanks to:
Toni Neil and The Fold.
Toni not only single-handedly funds our scholarships each year,
but is also sponsoring workshop teachers AND the entire Division
I of our Fleece Competition. Toni, your courage and conviction
in sponsorship since the very beginning, and your support is what
makes the Fair so "fair"! Thank you!
Becky McMillan of Magic Willows Alpacas,
who works tirelessly to bring about both
Divisions II and III of the Fleece Competition! Becky is a sponsor
herself, found sponsors for Divisions II & III
and consults with us on all the different classes, etc of the "camelids"!
Thank you for making this happen!
up for our e-mail list and we'll keep you up to
date with the fleece competition and other Fair plans. PLUS,
your demographic information is helpful to us as we gain sponsorship.
You'd be helping the Fair grow and we PROMISE that your information
will be kept private. Click here to
so wonderful to be surrounded by all this talent and Fiber."
-Paula from Crystal Lake
you for your vision and hard work to create such a wonderful and
inspiring venue of the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair." e-mail
from teacher Jane Grogan